Address: Dept of Mathematics and Statistics, Concordia University, Montreal QC H3G 1M8
Phone: (514)848-2424 ext.5854; Fax: (514)848-2831
Email: lpopovic (at) mathstat (dot) concordia
Office: LB (SGW) 921-07
My research interests are in probability theory and its
applications, in particular, analysis of
stochastic processes related to evolutionary biology, genetics, cell and systems biology.
- "The coalescent point-process of multi-type branching trees" (with M. Rivas), in revision for Stochastic Processes and Applications, 32 pp, (2013). - pdf
- "Scaling limits of spatial chemical reaction networks" (with P.Pfaffelhuber), in revision for Annals of Applied Probability, 50 pp, (2013). - pdf
- "Central Limit Theorems and Diffusion Approximations for
Multiscale Markov chain Models" (with T.Kurtz and H-W.Kang), to appear in Annals of Applied Probability, 39 pp, (2012). - pdf
- "Stochastically-Induced Bistability in Chemical Reaction Systems" (with J.McSweeney), to appear in Annals of Applied Probability, 43 pp, (2012). - pdf
- "The Coalescent Point Process of Branching Trees and Spine
Decompositions at the First Survivor" (with A.Lambert), Annals of Applied Probability, Vol 23(1), 46 pp, 2013. - pdf
- "A Stochastic Compartmental Model for Fast Axonal
Transport" (with M.Reed and S.McKinley), SIAM Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol 71(4), 26 pp, 2011. - pdf
- "Five Statistical Questions about the Tree of Life"
(with D.Aldous and M.Krikun), Systematic Biology, Vol 60(3), 11 pp, 2011.
- "Degenerate Diffusions arising from Gene Duplication Models"
(with R.Durrett), Annals of Applied Probability, Vol (19)1, 34 pp, 2009.
- "Genealogy of Catalytic Branching Models" (with A.Greven and
A. Winter), Annals of
Applied Probability, Vol 19(3), 41 pp, 2009. - pdf
- "Stochastic Models for Phylogenetic Trees in Higher Order Taxa" (with
D.Aldous and M.Krikun), Journal of Mathematical Biology, Vol 56(4), 33 pp, 2008.
- "Asymptotic Analysis of Multiscale Approximations to Reaction
Networks" (with T.Kurtz, K.Ball, G.Rempala), Annals of Applied Probability,
Vol 16(4), 37 pp, 2005. - pdf
- "A Critical Branching Process Model for
Biodiversity" (with D.Aldous), Advances in
Applied Probability, Vol 37(4), 22 pp, 2005. - pdf
- "Asymptotic Genealogy of a Critical Branching
Process" Annals of Applied Probability, Vol
14(4), 29 pp, 2004. - pdf
- Ph.D. Thesis (2003), UC Berkeley.
pdf (last revised Sep 07)